Head of Commercial
Who we are:
At Bricklane, we want to set a new standard for property investment - helping people invest from as little as £100, all the way up to £100 million+
Using a data-driven approach, we’ve created a simple, hassle-free way for people to invest in Britain’s favourite asset class from the comfort of their own home. Backed by the likes of Zoopla and LocalGlobe, we’ve assembled a smart, collaborative team from the worlds of tech, property and finance.
Why this role is vital:
The last 3 years of the business has been about creating momentum - we’re now on plan to grow 10-20x plus this year. (We’ll share more during the process).
As our Head of Commercial, your role at Bricklane is to drive and reinforce this momentum through driving a range of critical commercial initiatives from design through to execution - spanning how we invest, manage our portfolios, treat our tenants and run our company.
Your days as Head of Commercial will rarely be the same.
You’ll be responsible for deciding which initiatives we work on in what order, to create maximum impact for the business, our partners and our tenants.
- Designing our programme of commercial initiatives, and agreeing it with the management team
- Implementing primary research into tenants’ wants and needs, and exploiting results for product enhancements, fundraising etc.
- Driving operational efficiencies into our property investment and management processes
- Championing efforts to exploit economies of scale through supplier negotiations
- Maximising insights from in and outside the business to improve our investment decision-making, working closely with our Data Scientist and CTO.
You’re good at:
Taking ownership and getting things done. This isn’t a regular strategy role - we’re hiring you to make an impact, whatever that takes.
Being decisive. We will rarely have perfect information - you should be comfortable getting to ‘good enough’, and make sense of what to do in uncertain situations.
Intellectual flexibility. Your work will range from the high-level and strategic to the focussed and operational. You should move easily between the two, and look for innovative solutions, beyond the tried and tested
Communicating. You’ll be used to crafting compelling narratives for senior execs, fellow staff and customers. You’ll be outgoing, articulate and able to quickly form relationships in a multi-disciplinary, dynamic environment
Working with us means:
- High impact role in rapidly scaling startup
- Senior exposure - you’ll work closely with CEO, Chairman (ex-Oaktree, McKinsey), CIO (ex-Ares) and the rest of the senior team
- Genuine challenge - intellectually satisfying, varied problems to solve, in a market that’s really worth fixing
The cherry on top:
Flexibility: we’re open-minded about remote working so you’re empowered to do your job.
Personal development: we’ll support you with training opportunities to help you grow.
Holiday: 26 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) for your well-earned breaks.
Socials: we like to get together as a team with regular activities and events.
Health: we offer Vitality healthcare to support your health and wellbeing, with discounts for gym membership and cinema tickets.
Pension: you’ll be covered for later life with our pension plan.
- 5+ years of work experience at a tier 1 strategy consultancy, or in similar roles in investment banking and startups
- We are open to profiles with less experience if they feel they have the right skills to succeed in the role, and have already managed complex workstreams.
- Experience of Financial Services a positive, but not required.